March 24, 2014
Here's a selection of American stores that sell clothing for tall women. Most of them offer pants with at least a 34" inseam and shirts with extra long sleeves. I'm always looking to add new stores to the link list.
Please use the The Forum to comment on your experience with shops / retailers listed below. Perhaps we can set up some sort of "satisfaction ratings" there... Thanks to Liz for the suggestion!
If you find any links here that don't satisfy you as a tall woman please let me know so I can check again. (I haven't got a clue when it comes to women's sizes so I need your help!)
Please check the International Section as well. Companies with the symbol ship worldwide. For Lingerie take a look at the Lingerie Section at the bottom of this page.
- Always for Me - "is a great site for swimsuits for big and tall girls. I bought 9 of their chic brand swimsuits. They are made really well and have longer torsos for a tall girl. They also accommodate a bustier girl. The prices range from 70 to 80 Dollars but are worth every penny. They were also on Oprah's Favorite pick 1 year ago. With swimwear weather coming soon I thought I'd let you girls know. Love Cassie (6'5")"
- Holy Clothing - My 6'2" friend Linda writes: "I'm 6'2" and wear a size 20, but am losing weight. I found a clothing site I love on Facebook. They are very beautiful clothes at fabulous prices. They come in all colors and sizes but especially larger sizes. I'm in love with this site."
- Lucky Brand Jeans - as suggested by Michelle A. (Thanks, Love)
- Temira Collection - "offers Talls and Shoes 10.5 - 15. They specialize in Fashion Styling Service for TALL Women."
- Tall U Store - an online retail store specializing in tall women's casualwear.
- Talltique - A premiere online tall shopping site that sells an array of extra long clothing designed specifically for women over 6'0" tall. Talltique carries everything from tops, skirts, jeans up to 41" inseams, pants, maxi dresses and jackets. Like the Talltique page on Facebook and sign up on our website for emails to stay updated on our frequent sales and special offers! You can also follow @TheTallBoutique on Twitter.
- Gargantuan Gear - Equipment, Gear and Clothing for Tall and Big Men and Women
- Imogene+Willie - Danee who is 6'2" writes "Hi again! I just discovered a company that sells jeans with inseams up to 36 inches. I haven't tried them yet but they look nice."
- Sealed with a Kiss Designs - my 6'5" friend Barbara writes: "I bought a dress from this site and I am very pleased. They have plus size tops, bottoms and dresses for every situation. I know how difficult it was for my 6'5" to find a dress."
- L'Wren Scott - is 6'4" (as far as I know). She is a model, designer and the wife of Mick Jagger. She is also on the Famous Tall Ladies page. And this is her Clothing and Handbag Line.
- Express.com - have pants with long inseams and come recommended by 6'2" Danee.
- Old Pueblo Traders - have some items in tall sizes
- Capiche by Victoria - "... got a new look and a new spring/summer line to go with it! Our name is updated as well... we are now known as "Capiche by Victoria". We got rid of the "Long & Lean". We felt it was too much pressure on women to put themselves into these types of categories. Capiche by Victoria would just like tall women to look good and feel good in our clothing."
- Long Elegant Legs - clothing for tall women and tall women's clothes.
- Fit Couture - Kelly writes: "I have bought yoga pants from them. They make long (about 34" inseam) and extra long (about 36" inseam) sizes in several of their pants. The pants are of good quality (I've washed mine several times and they haven't pilled)"
- Gotheight.com - They carry tons of activewear in 34", 36" and 38" inseam, larger size shoes up to size 15, Lingerie and their Signature Novelty T's about height. Enter code "TALL" for free shipping.
- Ann Taylor Loft has a "Tall" section.
- Aeropostale offer pants with up to 34" inseams. They come recommended by 6'0" Sheila.
- American Eagle Outfitter sell pants with up to 37" inseams. They come recommended by 5'10" Jeanna.
- Tallwaterjeans.com - run by 6'2" twin sisters Kate and Lynn: Jeans for Tall Women by Tall Women. Read their "mission statement" (PDF-File, appx. 1 MB)
- Shabby Apple - have a "Tall" section.
- Tafford Essentials sell scrub pants in tall sizes (34"). You can navigate directly to their Tall Scrub Pants.
- My 6'0" friend Sara would like to introduce her Sizzlin' CurveWear (also catering for tall girls). Check it out!
- Sassyscrubs.com - more scrubs. But they come recommended by Kim who writes "I am 6'5" and have a 37-38" inseam; their custom sizing matches my needs with room (and length) to spare."
- Shop Wrangler.com - they have women's jeans with up to a 38" inseam
- BlueSuits Online - offer both ready-to-wear as well as custom made clothing. As for pants the ready-to-wear inseam in 35". They also offer unhemmed pants and custom inseam length. Check out their "Tall Section".
- Sydney's Closet - The Plus Size Dress Shop 14-44. As recommended by my very tall friend Sarah.
- HEIGHT GODDESS: Tall Women's Clothing - a contemporary women's line offering stylish alternatives for women that measure over 5'9".
- Pendleton - Lee writes:
"I recently contacted Pendleton and found out that they have started make some tall clothes again and they are sold only by www.simplytall.com. I thought your readers may like to know this. I was thrilled to find out that Pendleton was making tall sizes again."
- Athleta.com - athletic clothing (also) for tall women
- eVanity.com - Fashion jeans up to a 37" inseam! Available in a variety of fits, washes and styles for tall women seeking great quality at a great price online. Shop now and receive 15% off, use code TALL15.
- Mommy Long Legs - Maternity Clothes offered in Longer Sizes
- According to this article Donna Karan "designs for tall women who are not always toothpicks".
- Coldwater Creek - recommended by 5'11 1/2" Pauline.
- Shop Women's Fashion at YOOX.COM
- Talbot's - offers long jackets pants with extra long inseams. Thanks to 6'4" Brooke for the recommendation.
- Skinny Jeans - jeans that make you look thinner. Up to a 37" inseam. Once again thanks, Brooke!
- David's Bridal - 6'2" Shelley writes "David's will order dresses up to 4" longer for the taller bride or bridesmaid. My sister, who is 6'3 1/2" tall, got her wedding gown through David's."
Lane Bryant - has been one of the main sources for tall and cuddly women over the years and therefore comes highly recommended. Check out their Tall Pants & Jeans section
- Moi Même Personal Tailoring - has a Tall Suits section
- Tall Chicks Rule - 6'2" Kat Rauber presents her own collection for tall women. Slacks, Jeans, Skirts, Dresses and Jackets. Sizes 6-16. Up to a 37" inseam.
- Rock & Republic - designer jeans with up to a 36" inseam, Sizes 0-10 and 23-32. Thank you, Jamie, for the recommendation!
- Anthropologie have discontinued their tall section but still have some long brands like "Daughters of the Liberation" and "Elevenses". Thanks, Diane and Danee!
- Save 35-70% on Women's Name Brand Dress Clothes at Sierra Trading Post!
- Myshape.com has some tall items. 6'1" Diane recommends them and writes "I found a pair of 35 inch inseam jeans. The good thing is that you can register, put in all your body measurements and find clothes that flatter you the most. They even will send you a free tape measure..."
- Lucy.com - have casual pants and active wear for tall women. "I have a 36" inseam and they fit me perfectly." says 6'1" Raeann who recommends the store.
- PZI Jeans - "Some women just have more! Wear your curves." Jeans for the curvy woman with up to a 38" inseam. Sizes 4-16. Recommended by 6'3" Monia.
- She rides (and he rides too) - Motorcycle clothing for tall women. Thanks to 6'2" Susan for the suggestion!
- Vanityshops.com - recommended by 6'2" Lois who writes "I'm 6'2" and have a 37" inseam. My best find are the Vanity stores! They have jeans to 37" inseam, waists to 36" I think (I'm a 29") and the jeans are in a variety of fits, washes, and styles. Best part is that most jeans there are only $29.99 or less! I've pulled many off the $9.99 racks!"
- Macy's have apparel and footwear for taller women.
- Ann Taylor - has finally added tall jackets and pants. They have great professional clothes, so I am glad they finally have some tall selections (writes Allison). Thanks for the hint, Allison!
- Charlie M. Jeans - designer jeans with up to a 37" inseam
- Lee.com - have a selection of pants / jeans with up to 34" inseams
- Jeans Custom Made - as the name suggests. They sell custom made jeans.
- MadisonLosAngeles.com - offers designer clothing including designer shoes, designer handbags and designer jeans (some of them have a long inseam)
- One Stop Plus - Your Online Fashion Mall for Sizes 12W to 44W. Has a choice in tall sizes.
- Cabela's - the World's Foremost Outfitter has some items in tall sizes.
- New York & Company - have a dedicated
Tall Section - thanks to Renee for the suggestion!
- rg Maternity - for the tall mom to be. Check out their stylish Tall Maternity clothes.
- Delia's - jeans and pants with up to a 36" inseam. Thanks to Sheree for the suggestion!
- Saks Fifth Avenue - comes recommended by 6'0" Paula. Thanks for the suggestion, Paula!
- www.makeyourownjeans.com - custom jeans for women and men. 6'7" Devon recommends them and writes: "I had 2 pairs custom made for me and they turned out great... and the price isn't bad either. Only catch is they do make them in India and so there is a fee for currency exchange there. They make all kinds of pants not only jeans, for both men and women. I was really impressed with the quality of the jean.
- Zapelle - custom made clothing with an Indian flavour. Thanks to Lynn for the suggestion.
- Catherines.com - has pants with up to a 34" inseam
- TJ's Tailor Made Jeans Wear - custom-made to measure denim jeans.
- Lululemon Athletica - "They have tight fitting pants all the way to casual yoga pants (loose fitting). The inseam is at least 37", because I have a 36" inseam and they hit the floor. The quality is excellent and they are super comfortable. They are expanding across Canada and into the US." says 6'4" Jennifer.
- Cruel Girl - pants with up to a 36" inseam
- Jessica London
- SequinQueen - a store that mainly caters for crossdressers, transvestites and transgendered people. They do have tall sizes though...
- oldnavy.com has pants and jeans with inseams up to 36 inches- thanks to Leslie for the suggestion!
- Metro Park - once again thanks to Leslie for the suggestion
- Tall Apparel at SoftSurroundings.com - "Soft Surroundings carries an extensive collection of beautiful and comfortable casual clothing for women of all shapes and sizes. They also have a great selection of items that fit a tall woman." Thanks to Heidi for the suggestion
- Tall Apparel - 50-80% off at SoftSurroundingsOutlet.com - "They have Special Prices on all the best items women love from the Soft Surroundings Catalog! Discover a fine selection of "at home" clothing of the softest, easy care fabrics from foundations to negligees in Women's Petite, and Tall. Additionally, stylish Shoes, soft Bedding and Bath, beautiful Jewelry and top cosmetics make SoftSurroundingsOutlet.com a shopping destination."
- Simply Tall - clothing for women and teens
- JustMySize.com - has a tall section
- Ashley Stewart - clothes in big and tall sizes. Thanks to Nellie for the info.
- More Swimsuits - Offers a wide range of fashionable swimwear and bikinis for tall, athletic women.
- Buckle.com - has jeans with up to a 37 inch inseam - thanks to Cheryl for the link.
- Scrubsgallery.com - Nursing Scrubs and Medical Uniforms (also in tall sizes)
- MissMe.com - they have pants with inseams up to 35". Thanks to Erika for the suggestion.
- Spiegel - has gorgeous clothing also in taller sizes (including high-waist pants!)
- Alloy Apparel - has more sizes and longer inseams (up to 39 inches) especially for young women. Thanks to Kimberly and Monica for the suggestion.
- Sanctuarie Designs - Clothes for tall BBWs. Recommended by Raqui.
- Making it Big - yet another store for tall BBWs. Once again thanks to Raqui.
- Shop Avenue.com for fashion in women's sizes 14-32. The best looks of the season, including swimwear, dresses, sandals and more!
- Eddie Bauer - has a selection of items for the taller woman.
- Gap.com - they have got jeans and pants with up to a 36 1/2 inch inseam
- Pango Pango Swimwear (according to 6'5" Tiffany good for tall sizes)
- Largesizescrubs.com - custom made medical scrubs for plus size men and women to fit any height
- Torrid - has plus sizes as well as some tall items. Thanks to Imari for the info.
- Sixxfoota - New, stylish N.Y. (online) store for tall ladies. Thanks to Raushanah for the info.
JCPenney has some clothes for tall women.
Plus-Size.com - Peggy Lutz Online, Plus and Tall Sizes
- J. Jill - has a selection of items for the taller woman.
- Hips & Curves - Plus Size Lingerie for Full Figured Divas. As recommended by my very tall friend Sarah.
- Bra-Kini.com - We specialise in larger sizes and can source other sizes upon request.
- Wicked Temptations - "In addition to a section with plus sizes, we carry a huge selection of custom lingerie that can't be found anywhere else."
- My Diva's Closet - Petra, the 5'11" owner says: "Most of our shoes goes up to size 14, and throughout the store, a lot of items are available in tall. Why have a clothing store if you can't wear the clothes?"