I'd like to reiterate that I cannot take responsibility for the contents of external links that are listed here!
TallFriends.com - the best dating site for tall singles!
Message Boards/Quotes | Joerg's Links | Blogs and Groups by /for Tall Ladies | Other Links | Dating | Travel | Tall Clubs | Admirers
- Desks for Tall People - "Professional athletes such as basketball players benefit from our "Tall Friendly Desks" why shouldn't you?"
- A non-topical link that might save you some money in the future:
www.fueleconomy.gov - compares the fuel efficiency of cars going back to 90s. Save fuel, have more money to buy clothing and footwear.
- Seatguru.com - a very useful website that helps you find the best (and worst) seats on airplanes. I have decided to put the link near the top of the page in case you overlook the Travel Section.
- Lexington Luggage specialise in luggage for tall people. They have suitcases with extra long pull-up handles. A good way to avoid getting a bad back whilst travelling if you ask me.
- Tall Paul's Tall Mall - I wasn't absolutely sure where to put this link but it's very useful as far as I can see. He's got things like Furniture Elevators, Shower Head Extension Arms, Extra Long Bed-Frames etc... You best check it out for yourself!
Message Boards/Quotes (Back top)
Joerg's Links (Back top)
- Here's what happened to my friend Tiffany (6'4") after she had a sports accident - a real prom shocker!
- Jane who is 6'1" asked me to be on this website. Usually a lady's wish is my command so here she is.
- Teenager Morgan Musson from the UK committed suicide after being bullied about her height. Morgan was 6'0" :-(
- Finally: Joerg gives some dating advice - to men!
- My gorgeous tall friend Michele from the UK (6'2 1/2"). I have asked her if she wants to be featured on this website and she has said "Yes". Nice!
- Ms. Natural Olympia Suzanna McGee is 6'0" tall, an experienced athletic trainer, tennis fitness expert, writer, competitive tennis player and, I'm happy to say, a friend of mine.
Blogs, Pages and Groups by / for Tall Ladies (Back top)
Other Links (Back top)
- 6'1" Anna likes dating short guys. Excellent!
- Celebrate my height? That's a tall order! Lofty women aren't better off, says one six footer - article in the Daily Mail
- Enjoying the view from the top: Height's an advantage for centers Abi Olajuwon, Brittney Griner - but it has its quirks
- "Roller Derby player finds strength in her height" - she's 6'0"
- Fat vs. Tall: Should fat people on airplanes be treated like tall people? A big thank you to Janel for the hint.
- Ambitious South Korean Parents See Tall as All - What Korean parents do to their children if they consider them to be too short. Article in the New York Times.
- NJ hoops gal a huge star - The World's Tallest Teenage Girl Marvadene Anderson is 6'10 3/4" and plays basketball in New Jersey
- O, The Oprah Magazine - The Height Report: "Things are looking up in the world of fashion. Meet five women 5'10" and taller who love every inch of themselves and dress with incredible confidence. Plus: Their top-to-toe tips and shopping strategies."
- Are you man enough to date tall women? - from CNN.com
- Meet Emma - at 6'5" supposedly Britain's tallest schoolgirl - article in The Daily Mail
- A real scientific study: Tall Women's Satisfaction with their Height: General Population Data Challenge Assumptions behind Medical Interventions to Stunt Girls' Growth (PDF-File, appx. 73 kB)
- How To Date A Tall Chick - by 6'1" Susannah Breslin
- Really high heels are all the fashion
- "Woman... Up Here" - Article on the Politics Daily website. It focusses on Arianne Cohen's "Tall Book" and has a reference to my "Famous Tall Women" section. Thanks for the heads-up, Michelle (Michelle Brafman is 6'1" and the author of the article)
- "My life as a giraffe" - Writer Arianne Cohen on the highs and lows of being 6ft 3in (article in The Guardian).
- Tall women gang up for moral support - article in the Courier Mail about the Australian Tall Women's Club.
- The tallest teenagers in the world - article in the Daily Telegraph about the ITV programme "Superhuman".
- Heights of fashion: Challenge for tall women is finding modern, trendy, casual clothing - article in the Edmonton Journal
- Style Points - Article about Boston College women's basketball coach Sylvia Crawley who is 6'5".
- With sadness I have to report the death of young Brazilian Basketball Player Michelle Splitter who was 6'6". Michelle died of Leukemia yesterday (February 2rd 2009). She was only 19 years old!
- Tallexpression.com - an "Online Female Magazine"
- Height of love - at 2.04m (6'8 1/2"), Eve Green was a woman who was never going to be overlooked (article in That's Life Australia)
- Being tall has its pros, cons - article in the News Leader, Springfield MO
- Study: Black Women Stand a Tad Less Tall - article in the Washington Post
- Tall girls band together against knockers - "Perth Now" article about 6'3" Liesa
- A head or more above the rest - article in the Cardinal Courier Online
- Why life is tough as a tall woman - very interesting article in the The Times (of London)
- Dating column: Women hypocrites for refusing to date short men (he's mainly talking about short women!)
- I love my body - five Columbia women (including my 6'2" friend Megan) share what makes them feel beautiful
- 6'4" Becky Thomas is back... this time she was on NPR as a guest.
- "Life as a Tall Girl" - article on the New York Times Health Blog by 6'4" Rebecca Thomas, a University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh senior. Becky was on the Today Show on Wednesday, April 9th. Watch the video here.
- 6'2" South African beauty Nicole Johnston has written a "Low-level discourse". Be aware that she's critical of short(er) guys...
- "Too Tall for the Big Apple - Some New Yorkers face Vertical Challenges" - thank you, Marie for the hint!
- "Love is in the air for 13ft 7in couple" - article in the Daily Mail (UK)
- The long and short of love - beautiful 5'9 1/2" Brisbane Times blogger Kat Feeney writes about the perception of tall women. Recommended reading!
- "Why DO tall women love little men?" - article in the Daily Mail (UK). Feel free to comment!
- Interesting: Matchdoctor - Dating Tall Women (discussion)
- Does height equal power? Some CEOs say yes - article from USA Today
- Land of the Giants: Dutch Tower over Americans - interesting piece on the ABC News website. Thanks to Marie for mentioning it.
- Women's players are getting bigger and better - "Plus sizes are in. Just look around women's basketball. Big and tall women are dominating the game. They stand out, and not just because of their size." (article in the Pittburgh Tribune-Review)
- Tall athletes targeted for 2012 - article on BBC News Online. "UK Sport is aiming to encourage individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 of 5ft 11in or above if they are female, or males taller than 6ft 3in, to apply to their scheme."
- Tall Order: A six-foot-three woman searches for a normal date at the Tall Clubs International Convention
Some "Old Favourites"
Dating (Back top)
Travel (Back top)
Tall Clubs (Back top)