I'd like to reiterate that I cannot take responsibility for the contents of external links that are listed here!
TallFriends.com - the best dating site for tall singles!
Message Boards/Quotes | Joerg's Links | Blogs and Groups by /for Tall Ladies | Non-topical Links| Other Links | Dating | Travel | Tall Clubs | Admirers
- Body Confidence Coach Henrietta Nagy is 6'2". If you have any questions e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her 0044-7584431442. Henrietta is now offering 5 Top Tips (absolutely free) on "How to Feel Fabulously Confident about your Looks". (Henrietta writes: "Please put your name and e-mail id in the right side of the page, click the submit button and you will receive your 5 FREE Top Tips within seconds.")
Henrietta writes: Would you like to be more confident about your body height and feel comfortable in your skin? Check out our newly published Spice Up Your Body Confidence CD, which is now available at a super special Christmas offer. (Great as a Xmas gift too!) Go to the website http://www.henetta.co.uk/products/ to order yours before they get completely sold out!!
- Desks for Tall People - "Professional athletes such as basketball players benefit from our "Tall Friendly Desks" why shouldn't you?"
- A non-topical link that might save you some money in the future: www.fueleconomy.gov - compares the fuel efficiency of cars going back to 90s. Save fuel, have more money to buy clothing and footwear.
- Seatguru.com - a very useful website that helps you find the best (and worst) seats on airplanes. I have decided to put the link near the top of the page in case you overlook the Travel Section.
- Lexington Luggage specialise in luggage for tall people. They have suitcases with extra long pull-up handles. A good way to avoid getting a bad back whilst travelling if you ask me.
- Tall Paul's Tall Mall - I wasn't absolutely sure where to put this link but it's very useful as far as I can see. He's got things like Furniture Elevators, Shower Head Extension Arms, Extra Long Bed-Frames etc... You best check it out for yourself!
Message Boards/Quotes (Back top)
Joerg's Links (Back top)
- Here's what happened to my friend Tiffany (6'4") after she had a sports accident - a real prom shocker!
- Jane who is 6'1" asked me to be on this website. Usually a lady's wish is my command so here she is.
- My good, "old" friend Andrea (6'3") from Idaho has her own domain / website now.
- 6'3" Felicia Strickland is "The real wonder woman" ... she does look wonderful to me :-)
- Teenager Morgan Musson from the UK committed suicide after being bullied about her height. Morgan was 6'0" :-(
- The Yahoo Group of Germany's Caroline Welz who is 6'9" and very attractive.
- 6'7" Dafydd Jones from the UK got bullied badly when he was a teenager. That's why he decided to set up a website in order to help others. Great job, Dafydd!
- Finally: Joerg gives some dating advice - to men!
- My gorgeous tall friend Michele from the UK (6'2 1/2"). I have asked her if she wants to be featured on this website and she has said "Yes". Nice!
- My good friend Raqui is 6'4", 600 lbs and multi-dimensional. I know that a lot of you ladies are on the cuddly side and there's nothing wrong with that. That's also Raqui's opinion. Because of that she also runs a website which is called www.largeincharge.com and comes recommended (by me). Warning: There is some adult content!
- Robin Coleman - aka Hellga of American Gladiators and one of the World's Strongest Women. She is 6'0" and a friend of Suzanna's (and mine)
- Ms. Natural Olympia Suzanna McGee is 6'0" tall, an experienced athletic trainer, tennis fitness expert, writer, competitive tennis player and, I'm happy to say, a friend of mine.
Blogs, Pages and Groups by / for Tall Ladies (Back top)
Non-topical links... (Back top)
There's some stuff on the internet that is pretty close to my heart:
I love children and animals so I have to stand up and be counted on that web-site of mine. Be reminded that cruelty to children and animals is factual proof of how low mankind has sunk. Please help to protect the weakest!
More non-topical links:
I don't like to discuss politics on this website but this one is very close to my heart: Jihad Watch - it's about time all sane people woke up (no political correctness here)
- One of my favourite online "hang-outs": http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/
- The mother of all gender-related sitcoms: Men behaving badly (UK) - See BBC America for schedules in the US
- And, finally, a really good cause:
Other Links (Back top)
- 6'1" Anna likes dating short guys. Excellent!
- Neat. This website gets mentioned again: "Walking Tall: Height and Happiness"
- Celebrate my height? That's a tall order! Lofty women aren't better off, says one six footer - article in the Daily Mail
- Enjoying the view from the top: Height's an advantage for centers Abi Olajuwon, Brittney Griner - but it has its quirks
- "Roller Derby player finds strength in her height" - she's 6'0"
- Fat vs. Tall: Should fat people on airplanes be treated like tall people? A big thank you to Janel for the hint.
- 5'11" Sigourney Weaver's height stopped her from getting acting roles - she talks about how she has had a tough time with her height.
- Ambitious South Korean Parents See Tall as All - What Korean parents do to their children if they consider them to be too short. Article in the New York Times.
- NJ hoops gal a huge star - The World's Tallest Teenage Girl Marvadene Anderson is 6'10 3/4" and plays basketball in New Jersey
- O, The Oprah Magazine - The Height Report: "Things are looking up in the world of fashion. Meet five women 5'10" and taller who love every inch of themselves and dress with incredible confidence. Plus: Their top-to-toe tips and shopping strategies."
- Are you man enough to date tall women? - from CNN.com
- Meet Emma - at 6'5" supposedly Britain's tallest schoolgirl - article in The Daily Mail
- A real scientific study: Tall Women's Satisfaction with their Height: General Population Data Challenge Assumptions behind Medical Interventions to Stunt Girls' Growth (PDF-File, appx. 73 kB)
- Being tall used to be tragic, but no more - article by 5'10" Patricia McLaughlin in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- How To Date A Tall Chick - by 6'1" Susannah Breslin
- Really high heels are all the fashion
- Monarchs Stars make a fall break for fashion - featuring my great 6'4" friend Monique Ambers and some of "her girls"
- Style Advice - What to wear for Tall Women. By Image Consultant Nicola Cupples who's 5'3".
- Currently in the news: 6'6" Tanya Angus from Nevada who suffers from acromegaly and is still growing. Something needs to be done here. More related stuff...
- "Woman... Up Here" - Article on the Politics Daily website. It focusses on Arianne Cohen's "Tall Book" and has a reference to my "Famous Tall Women" section. Thanks for the heads-up, Michelle (Michelle Brafman is 6'1" and the author of the article)
- "My life as a giraffe" - Writer Arianne Cohen on the highs and lows of being 6ft 3in (article in The Guardian).
- What is the right height for a guy? Question posed by The Dating Dork.
- Tall women gang up for moral support - article in the Courier Mail about the Australian Tall Women's Club.
- The tallest teenagers in the world - article in the Daily Telegraph about the ITV programme "Superhuman".
- Heights of fashion: Challenge for tall women is finding modern, trendy, casual clothing - article in the Edmonton Journal
- Style Points - Article about Boston College women's basketball coach Sylvia Crawley who is 6'5".
- With sadness I have to report the death of young Brazilian Basketball Player Michelle Splitter who was 6'6". Michelle died of Leukemia yesterday (February 2rd 2009). She was only 19 years old!
- Tallexpression.com - an "Online Female Magazine"
- Height of love - at 2.04m (6'8 1/2"), Eve Green was a woman who was never going to be overlooked (article in That's Life Australia)
- Being tall has its pros, cons - article in the News Leader, Springfield MO
- Study: Black Women Stand a Tad Less Tall - article in the Washington Post
- Tall girls band together against knockers - "Perth Now" article about 6'3" Liesa
- A head or more above the rest - article in the Cardinal Courier Online
- Associated Content have a lot of stuff on Tall Women
- Why life is tough as a tall woman - very interesting article in the The Times (of London)
- Dating column: Women hypocrites for refusing to date short men (he's mainly talking about short women!)
- The All England Amazons - article about the tallest female tennis players at this year's (2008) Wimbledon
- I love my body - five Columbia women (including my 6'2" friend Megan) share what makes them feel beautiful
- 6'4" Becky Thomas is back... this time she was on NPR as a guest.
- "Why tall women should wear heels" - article from the Associated Content website with a reference to this website
- "How it feels to look down on your man, by Alison Boshoff (6ft and a bit)" - article in the Daily Mail (UK)
- "Life as a Tall Girl" - article on the New York Times Health Blog by 6'4" Rebecca Thomas, a University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh senior. Becky was on the Today Show on Wednesday, April 9th. Watch the video here.
- "Being tall makes a difference" - article in "The Rebel Yell"
- "Height increases melanoma risk" - article in "The Australian"
- 6'2" South African beauty Nicole Johnston has written a "Low-level discourse". Be aware that she's critical of short(er) guys...
- "Too Tall for the Big Apple - Some New Yorkers face Vertical Challenges" - thank you, Marie for the hint!
- "Love is in the air for 13ft 7in couple" - article in the Daily Mail (UK)
- "Does a womanâ€™s height matter?" - article in the Eastern Daily Press (UK)
- Adjustable heels give best of both heights - not sure I agree. It's still an interesting article though.
- The long and short of love - beautiful 5'9 1/2" Brisbane Times blogger Kat Feeney writes about the perception of tall women. Recommended reading!
- High And Mighty: First Common Height Gene Identified By Researchers
- "Why DO tall women love little men?" - article in the Daily Mail (UK). Feel free to comment!
- Interesting: Matchdoctor - Dating Tall Women (discussion)
- Does height equal power? Some CEOs say yes - article from USA Today
- 12 ways a super tall woman can feel great about her height
- Why being tall can help you find Mr. Right
- The height every woman wants
- Land of the Giants: Dutch Tower over Americans - interesting piece on the ABC News website. Thanks to Marie for mentioning it.
- More women stand tall - If height measures a nation's health and economy, Iowa surely sprouts with burgeoning prosperity (article in the DesMoines Register)
- Women's players are getting bigger and better - "Plus sizes are in. Just look around women's basketball. Big and tall women are dominating the game. They stand out, and not just because of their size." (article in the Pittburgh Tribune-Review)
- Tall athletes targeted for 2012 - article on BBC News Online. "UK Sport is aiming to encourage individuals between the ages of 16 and 25 of 5ft 11in or above if they are female, or males taller than 6ft 3in, to apply to their scheme."
- Model thrown off bus for being too tall - Story in the UK newspaper Metro
- Tall Order: A six-foot-three woman searches for a normal date at the Tall Clubs International Convention - Arianne is currently writing a book titled "The Tall Book" and wants your contributions!
- "Being a tall young woman isn't that bad, once you grow into it" - article in the Belleville News Democrat Online
- Finding the perfect date today is one tall order" - article in the Ottawa Sun Online
- "My, haven't we grown!" - Daily Mail article about 12 year old Tara from the UK who is 6'0"
Some "Old Favourites"
Dating (Back top)
Travel (Back top)
Tall Clubs (Back top)
Admirers Websites - Be advised that there may be nudity on some of these sites! (Back top)
- Infos Grandes - French website dedicated to tall women. There are several clothing and shoe links to be found there