19 Things You Should Know Before Dating a Tall Girl
I love wearing heels. And no, I don't care if I'm taller than you.
By Amy Odell
1. I don't care if I'm taller than you. Being a tall girl is the shit. If I have heels on and you find yourself feeling short, remember that you should feel like a badass for being with a tall girl.
2. I love wearing heels so don't get weird when I do.
3. In fact, I get off on being taller than you, even though it might not happen very often. If you feel emasculated and let it show, I'm moving right along to a man who doesn't feel threatened by me.
4. In fact, I'm going to actively try to be taller than you. Especially if you're tall. Because I grew up being the tallest girl in the room and I used to feel awkward about it but now that I'm a grown-ass woman, I embrace it and you should too.
5. Yes, I have dated guys shorter than me. No, I don't make it a habit. And if you're way shorter than me, sorry, but I also have a limit on how short I'll go.
6. It's incredibly easy to find me in a crowd. So if we're at da club and one of us visits the bar, we'll make our way back to each other in no time.
7. People stare at me more. We Talls like to think this is because we're hot, but it's often because we're just really tall and gangly and inherently kind of awkward.
8. My skirt's not short. I just have really long legs. What falls just above the knee on another girl is going to look downright tiny on me but just accept this before we have dinner with your parents because there's nothing I can do about it and I love my skirts.
9. Don't tell me I look taller than I am. If I tell you I'm 5-foot-9, don't then furrow your brow and tell me I "look taller than that" because you just sound like you think I look like a freak.