For starters, you both get to be little spoon.
By Frank Kobola - Apr 18, 2017
This is nothing against short women at all. In fact, there are loads of reasons why dating short women is pretty awesome, too. But for guys who find them themselves dating taller ladies, these are the things they love most.
- You're always easy to find. He will never have to look for you in a crowd, and you’ll rarely get separated at a festival or concert.
- We can probably share shoes. Need to go get the mail but can’t find your shoes? Slip hers on. Why spend five minutes trying to remember where you threw your sneakers when your flats fit just as well and you’re going outside for 30 seconds? Being close in shoe size is just practical.
- It shows he's probably not hung up on looking "manly". Yeah, yeah, guys are "supposed" to be taller than their female partner because it’s some dumb rule that an insecure asshole made up or whatever. Dating you made him realize he couldn't care less about arbitrary rules, he just likes you, and he loves the way you look together.
- He can meet you half-way for kisses. With shorter girls, you might need to do some squats to get at lip-level. With tall girls, you can just lean forward and meet her mid-air, no quad work required.
- Your legs. Do you like legs? Tall girls have more of them. Not like, more legs. Just longer legs. There’s more leg there, but there’s still only two legs. Unless you are dating a spider.
- He’s not needed for any “tall stuff.” There’s no reason to have us come into the kitchen to get the jar of peanut butter on the top shelf or unload the dishwasher. We’re both perfectly capable of reaching. In fact, she might be a little bit taller, which is great for us and our need for top-shelf peanut butter.
- You both get to be little spoon. Whoever started the myth that men don't like to be cuddled protectively like silverware is a bold-faced liar. There’s nothing wrong with a man wanting to be the little spoon, too, and this way you can both switch off on that role more comfortably.
- You can hit some pretty unique sex positions. Tall women can also make previously impossible positions totally possible, like standing positions.
- He loves watching you walk. Not in a creepy, "watching from across the street with binoculars" kind of way. More of a totally consensual, "damn your legs look phenomenal and your graceful stride could inspire love songs and crap," kind of way.
- You are the perfect height for hand-holding. There’s probably a pretty minimal height difference between us, so things like holding hands or hugging or cuddling in bed are natural. No one is smushing their face into the other person’s stomach, or straining their arms reaching up for their partner’s hand. You just fit.
Follow Frank on Twitter.